Join the Breakthrough Community and make a lasting impact on our students!
Volunteer with us to help students craft college essays or prepare scholarships applications, tutor one-on-one after school or help our staff with events and communications. Breakthrough offers a variety of opportunities throughout the year to get involved. Based on the different opportunities, all volunteers will be given initial trainings and tips to help guide them through the volunteer process and experience. Please note, Breakthrough volunteer opportunities take place at a variety of locations in addition to the Breakthrough office. Therefore, reliable transportation is required. See the Volunteer Opportunities below:
How do I become a Breakthrough Volunteer?
- Complete the online Volunteer Application.
- Sign up for a new volunteer orientation. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn about upcoming orientation dates, and to confirm your place in this initial training. An orientation includes: the history of Breakthrough Central Texas, current volunteer opportunities, an introduction to the roles, training, availability, and working with Breakthrough students, and a tour of the facilities. A background check must be cleared before you begin volunteering with Breakthrough students.
- Begin volunteering!
Our Volunteer Coordinator will make every attempt to match your interests and availability with Breakthrough’s current volunteer needs.
How do I become a 2019 Breakthrough Summer Volunteer Corps and Team Leader?
- Complete the online application here.
- Complete the background check. Download form here.
- Find a reference and have them fill out the reference form. Download form here.
- Begin volunteering!
*This position is for current high school students interested in Breakthrough’s Austin ISD sites.
After School Tutors
High School or College Application Coaches
Projects and Special Events
Spring Orientation & Training Dates
Wednesday, January 9
Thursday, January 17
Wednesday, January 23
Thursday, February 7
Wednesday, February 13
Thursday, February 21
Wednesday, March 6
6:00 PM – 6:50 PM
AFTER SCHOOL HOURS & ACADEMIC MENTOR TRAINING
7:00 PM – 7:50 PM
To attend, RSVP at email@example.com.