Realizing College Dreams
The Breakthrough Honor Roll is a community of individuals and families that help ensure children from low-income Central Texas communities have the opportunity to realize their dreams of becoming the first in their families to earn a college degree.
As an Honor Roll member, you become a caring partner helping give students the tools, guidance and encouragement they need to navigate the complicated process of preparing for, enrolling in and graduating from college.
Become a Breakthrough Honor Roll Member
Sustaining Membership: pledge $1,000 ($83/month) – $5,000 ($416/month) per year for five years to provide long-term, sustaining financial support for Breakthrough’s growing high school and college transition programs
Annual Membership: $600 ($50/month) – $5,000($416/month) or more to support the high school Class of 2021
April 6, 12:00 – 1:00 PM, BT101: Breakthrough Behind the Scenes
April 20, 12:00- 1:00 PM, BT201: Breakthrough’s New Schoolwide Model is Here
May 4, 12:00 – 1:00 PM
BT301: Advancing Educational Policy at the 87th Texas Leg
Honor Roll members enjoy opportunities throughout the year to:
Connect with fellow members and Breakthrough students and alumni at the annual Spring Membership Social, exclusively for members and your guests.
Attend annual fall speaker event for insight into Breakthrough’s mission and educational equity, exclusively for members and your guests.
From volunteering with fellow members and family on Honor Roll Give Back Days to sharing Breakthrough’s mission throughout the community, there are many ways to contribute beyond your donation.
What’s my impact?
Your Honor Roll contribution this year will help Breakthrough accomplish the following:
- Year-round, holistic academic advising for 170 high school seniors from Austin ISD and Manor ISD
- Weekly College Applications Workshops
- College Options & Financial Aid conferences for every student and their family to select the best fit college and a plan to fund school and living expenses
- Weeklong summer Thrive Summit to prepare students for college life
- On average, 97% of Breakthrough high schools seniors graduate on time and 90% enroll directly in college, compared to 40% of their peers
- Monthly, quarterly or annual installments are available, starting at $50 per month
- Payments toward your new membership or existing pledge can be made online and automatically drafted from your credit card or bank account or paid at your convenience via check, stock or wire transfer, or phone.
- Does your employer match charitable gifts or volunteer hours? Check with your HR department to maximize the impact of your support.
Karen and Barry Aidman Malia and Steve Aycock
Karey Nalle Oddo, Membership Chair
For more information or to join The Breakthrough Honor Roll, please contact Holly Wissmann, Director of Philanthropy, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 512.961.5256.