Every summer, Breakthrough recruits AmeriCorps Summer Teaching Fellows and Instructional Coaches for our academic Summer Programs.
AmeriCorps Summer Teaching Fellows are high-performing high-school and college students who lead their own classroom and inspire middle school students who are working to become the first in their families to graduate from college. Breakthrough Instructional Coaches are educators who serve as mentors for AmeriCorps Teaching Fellows.
- First Time Fellows earn a Living Stipend of $3,000
- Additional $200 for 1st time returner,
- $400 additional for 2nd time returner
- Education Award ($1,638) – upon completion of required service hours
- Local Housing support provided
- Non-monetary benefits (public-speaking & presentation skills, on-going support, professional development)
- Additional stipends to Pell-eligible/FRL students available
- Travel stipends available for out-of-state Pell-eligible students
Learn more on how to get involved below.
Breakthrough is a proud AmeriCorps program.