Lead Your Own Classroom
Every summer, Breakthrough recruits AmeriCorps Summer Teaching Fellows and Instructional Coaches for our academic Summer Programs.
AmeriCorps Summer Teaching Fellows are high-performing high-school and college students who lead their own classroom and inspire middle school students who are working to become the first in their families to graduate from college. Breakthrough Instructional Coaches are educators who serve as mentors for AmeriCorps Teaching Fellows.
AmeriCorps Teaching Fellows At-A-Glance
- First Time Fellows earn a Living Stipend of $3,750
- Additional $250 for 1st-time returner,
- $500 additional for 2nd time returner
- Education Award ($1,718.25) – upon completion of required service hours (450 hrs)
- Local Housing support is provided
- Non-monetary benefits – public speaking & presentation skills, ongoing support, professional development
- Additional stipend to Pell-eligible/FRL students available
- $150 Travel stipends available for out-of-state Pell-eligible students
- 9-Week Commitment (June 5, 2023 through August 4, 2023)
Learn more on how to get involved below.
Breakthrough is a proud AmeriCorps program.