The fifth annual Kenneth Vickers Memorial Golf Tournament, presented by Avison Young, raised $25,000 for Breakthrough’s students and mission. Kenneth Vickers was a senior project manager at Cushman and Wakefield who passed away unexpectedly in 2012. He was well known as a kind and caring individual, and each year his friends celebrate his memory with a golf tournament. In five years’ time, the generosity of participants and sponsors have put a significant amount of money into a scholarship fund for Kenneth’s son, Carson, and have provided more than $100,000 in donations to support Breakthrough’s mission of creating first-generation college graduates. Special thanks to Avison Young, Chad Williams, and the Vickers Family for their continuous support.
- Mark your calendars! Amplify Austin is March 1-2
- Alumni Spotlight: James Carter
- Breakthrough Internship Network Creates Talent Pipeline, Fosters Social Responsibility Among Austin-Area Employers
- Breakthrough Central Texas Returns Up to $55 per Dollar Invested
- 20th Anniversary Spotlight: Barry Aidman