Breakthrough’s Postsecondary Schoolwide Advising Program (PSAP)
The Postsecondary Schoolwide Advising Program PSAP is a year-round advising services partnership that supports students to realize their postsecondary goals by provides direct advising services to every junior and senior at a campus. Additionally, the PSAP works with the campus through capacity-building support to shift the goal for students beyond high school graduation to success in higher education.
Serving All Students
When PSAP says college, we include pursuing any postsecondary education pathway that allows a student to attain a credential, certificate, diploma, or enrollment in the military while pursuing their passions and preparing for their career. At Breakthrough, the terms ‘college,’ ‘higher education,’ and ‘postsecondary’ are used interchangeably.
Serving Students To and Through College
The PSAP doesn’t stop at high school graduation! PSAP program graduates can enroll in Breakthrough’s Postsecondary Completion Program to receive up to six years of support to complete their postsecondary goals!
- Meet regularly with every junior/senior at least once a month
- Support goals and plan creation for education and career pathways after high school
- Help with research for colleges, universities, technical and vocational schools
- Provide individualized support on completing college and financial aid applications
- Planning support for how to afford college and research scholarships
- Support testing preparation for entrance exams for colleges and the military
- Partner with the high school to create college and careers experiences
- Customized support the summer after graduation
Meet Your Advisors
Interested in the Breakthrough Schoolwide P.S.A.P. Program and want to learn more, please contact Kendra Strange, Chief Schools Officer, email@example.com