A CELEBRATION OF STUDENTS BEATING THE ODDS TO BECOME THE FIRST IN THEIR FAMILIES TO GRADUATE FROM COLLEGE
Breakthrough’s 2018 Beat the Odds Benefit Concert will raise funds and awareness to support Breakthrough’s mission of creating first-generation college graduates. The event will include a special performance by American indie rock band TV On The Radio with Jackie Venson. The concert will be preceded by a fun and inspiring VIP Party and Program. Sponsors and their guests will enjoy tickets to the show with access to a private viewing deck, valet parking, dedicated open bar, signature barbeque favorites, and VIP concert credentials. Join us for an unforgettable evening of music under the stars to support Breakthrough’s programs and students!
HELP OUR STUDENTS BEAT THE ODDS
In Central Texas, only 8% of low-income middle school students go on to earn a college degree of any kind. To combat this inequity, Breakthrough makes a 12-year commitment to help children become the first in their families to graduate from college. Our program focuses on a combination of extended learning, comprehensive advising, and leadership experiences to help students prepare for, persist through, and ultimately, graduate from college. From middle school to high school to college through college graduation, we are there every step of the way. Breakthrough does whatever it takes to help our students beat the odds to become first-generation college graduates. And we cannot do it without you. By supporting Breakthrough, you’ll make a child’s dream of a college education come true.
VIP & SPONSOR ATTENDEE INFORMATION
THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 8, 2018 AT STUBB’S BAR-B-Q
The VIP pre-concert party will be held in the Stubbs’ Amphitheater and begins promptly at 6pm. Sponsors and preferred access ticket holders have access to this exclusive event, where you will have the opportunity to meet and hear from many of our students who are working hard to achieve their dreams of a college degree. This includes a brief program featuring inspirational stories from Breakthrough students and supporters at 6:30pm. Please allow ample time for valet parking and registration.
At the event there will be a number of Breakthrough students and for many this will be their first time attending an event like this. They have been practicing their networking skills and are excited to share more about their Breakthrough experience with you. This can sometimes be a vulnerable experience for our students, so we ask that you help us create a safe and welcoming space for them. We encourage you to interact with our students by asking thoughtful questions and encouraging them on their path to college graduation.
DIRECTIONS + PARKING
Stubb’s Bar-B-Q is located downtown at 801 Red River and spans one city block between 8th and 9th Streets. For more detailed directions, please see the map here.
Complimentary valet parking will be provided. Drop off is located at the entrance to CB’s Lounge, just north of the main amphitheater entrance. Upon arrival, please provide the valet service with the attached parking voucher. Printed vouchers or electronic versions from mobile devices will be accepted.
If you prefer to self-park, parking is available at any open pay station meter in the surrounding area or you can refer to the list of downtown parking lots here.
Don’t want to deal with the hassle of parking downtown? Our friends at Lyft have got you covered! Enter code BEATTHEODDS18 into the ‘Promos’ section of your Lyft app or claim your coupon here for 25% off your ride to and from the event: https://www.lyft.com/invite/beattheodds18.
For more information about Stubb’s concerts and access to FAQ’s please visit their website at https://www.stubbsaustin.com/faq.
Stubb’s strives to accommodate all patrons’ needs. If you have limited mobility or require other accommodations, please contact Jené Shepherd at 254.371.3360.
REGISTRATION & VIP ACCESS
All guests will check in at the entrance of CB’s event space and receive VIP wristbands that provide access to both the VIP Party and the concert. Guests must be present in order to receive these credentials and will be asked to provide a photo ID per venue guidelines. If you’ve provided names of your guests in advance, they should check in under their names.
All sponsors, their guests and preferred access ticket holders will enjoy complimentary valet parking, dedicated open bar, and signature barbeque favorites during the VIP pre-concert event, as well as enjoy the added benefit of access to Stubb’s VIP lounge with private viewing deck, dedicated open bar, and late night snacks throughout the concert.
Business Casual/Concert Casual | Current Forecast: low to mid 60s
If you have any questions, please contact Jené Shepherd at 254.371.3360.
- Event admission for 10 guests including pre-concert VIP party and program
- Premium logo recognition on event invitation and program (distribution: 2,000)
- Premium logo recognition on visual display by main stage (visible to 1,800 concert goers)
- Logo recognition on a sponsor display in the Breakthrough connected classroom
- Recognition as a Breakthrough Champion in e-newsletter (distribution: 4,500)
- All benefits listed below
- Event admission for 8 guests including pre-concert VIP party and program
- Preferred logo recognition on event program and signage
- Verbal recognition during pre-concert VIP program
- Logo recognition on Breakthrough website with link to sponsor site
- Recognition in semi-annual print newsletter (distribution: 3,000)
- Inclusion in press release and social media content
- All benefits listed below
- Event admission for 6 guests including pre-concert VIP Party and program
- Logo recognition on invitation, event program and signage
- Name recognition on Breakthrough website with link to sponsor site
- Custom social media post
- Team volunteer opportunity to interview Breakthrough students for Summer Presentations of Learning
- All benefits listed below
- Event admission for 4 guests including pre-concert VIP Party and program
- Name recognition on event program
- Recognition as a Breakthrough Corporate Council Member
- Complimentary valet parking, dedicated open bar with access to private viewing deck
If you or your company is interested in sponsoring the 2018 Beat the Odds Benefit Concert, contact Kate Garrett and firstname.lastname@example.org or 512.692.9444.
Molly Sherman & Rob Arnold
Val & Beau Armstrong
Kelly & John Breeden
Jenny & Sam Butterworth
Carolyn & Brian DeRoeck
Andrea & Dan Ellinor
Staley & Jack Gray
MariBen Ramsey & Karen Kahan
Ellen & David Lake
Kelley & Gary McClure
Lisa & Mark McCrimmon
Ashlynn McGee Julie &
Cheryl & Walt Penn
Louise & Sergio Rodriguez
Edward L. Safady
Contessa & Greg Skelton
Anne & Rich Smalling
Lindsay & Ford Smith
Louisa & David Stegmann
Gail & Rodney Susholtz
Kelsey Van Meter
Debbie & Dave Zeitz